Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Research & Inspiration

Here i will be detailing my design ideas and what things have given me inspiration towards my animation and its features.



#Intro Scene
For my intro scene I wanted the camera to pan down through the trees of the forest, passing objects along the way (maybe even an owl sitting on a branch). So I thought about how this could be done and how it would look and chose to base my idea on a piece from one of my favourite PC Games - Dawn of War 2.

Dawn of War II trailer

The Game trailer begins with the camera pan down effect im looking for and it helps alot to see how this looks when used. (There is also a forest-environment present! - perfect)

This effect can be seen at: 0:04 - 0:14 secs in the movie



#Character theme / Design
The Characters featuring in my animation need to be simple yet but effective in the way they portray feelings, thoughts and interaction with one another. I'm a big fan of the wallace and gromit model designs and thought this would be absolutely perfect for a children's animation.

The models show a large about of thought and emotion in their faces, mainly the use of the eyebrow line and mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment