Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday 5 March 2010

Human Modelling pt. 1

To vary my work for this task, i have started my second model which will be a human being.

This character will be a 'Wild-life photographer' in my animation which will appear for a short period of time, interacting with a majority of the animal characters. Because of this, a slightly lower detail quality will be required due to the limited appearance time in the animation, however a high-standard of modelling will be maintained.


I started off by finding a suitable reference image - the image I found is absolutely perfect and shows 2 views of the body! The tutorial related to this section that I have been using can be found here.



Next, the image was applied to a plane in 3ds Max, using the material editor. Using the left viewport, I began creating a plane and extruding the edges on the foot which can be seen in the image above. Then continued to cover half of the leg using the same method. Following this, I selected the inner border of the leg and applied a symmetry modifier to get a complete 3d shape:



At this point, the vertices need to be shaped to properly craft the shape of a human foot, including the inside, ankle and heel areas. This took careful adjustments and the use of the 'MeshSmooth' tool to preview the end result..

No comments:

Post a Comment